PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

I'm here yet again to bring you my favorite posts from the week. Take a gander and see what you think (and be sure to let them know you stopped by - we bloggers do love the comments!).
  • Friend of the blog David Nilsen has been writing a fantastic series about how to approach the Bible with our kids. I'm sending you the link to the wrap-up, but seriously, read 'em all. And then go give him a follow on Twitter. He's new there and needs to understand why it's awesome.
  • Knox McCoy talks about one of his more cringe-worthy moments as a Christian teen. A really, really good reminder for us adults too.
  • Three of my good bloggy friends did a series about creative collaboration and solitude that really made me think. The pieces were written by Jen Luitwieler, Kristin Tennant, and Shawn Smucker. They each take a different perspective and I somehow manage to agree with all of them! Well done!
  • Melissa Brotherton wrote a wonderful piece about ugly newborns and dreams.
  • Caleb Wilde wrote about Dr. Jack Kevorkian after his passing. I absolutely loved his thoughts about death and the opportunity for community. Really fantastic stuff.
  • If you're an Arrested Development fan and haven't seen this cartoon by The Oatmeal, shame on you (warning, kinda gross, but seriously, every AD fan will LOVE this).
  • In the "watching" category that I put up every week, Jason and I have been watching The IT Crowd on Netflix. Again, why aren't you people telling me about this? Because good grief, that is some hilarious stuff. The "Friend Face" episode had me absolutely howling. (Netflix told me I'd love it - thank heavens at least something is looking out for my entertainment well-being.)
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Drop me a link to your favorites!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs