PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let's Make 37 Young

No 37 - almost elegantphoto © 2011 Kirsty Hall | more info (via: Wylio)

So I'm a bit older today.

I was talking to Jason's grandmother last week and she told me that at 37, I'm still young. And really, here in the first world, that is absolutely true. I'm not old. I might not be young, but I'm certainly not old.

But in places plagued by extreme poverty, I would be very old. The life expectancy in most of these nations is just not that much older than I am today, and in some places, even younger. Unclean water. Not enough food. Preventable, treatable diseases.

At the beginning of the month, I asked you to consider making a donation to Nuru International for my birthday. And I love that we've already raised $198. That is severely cool and I am so thankful to those of you who have donated. You have made my birth month super fantastic already.

I would absolutely love it if we could reach $370 by this evening. Any size donation you can make is so appreciated. The folks at Nuru do amazing things and what they do is working. They are teaching people how to lift themselves out of extreme poverty so that they and their children can have better, longer lives. Here's a quick video on how Nuru works:


How Nuru Works from Nuru International on Vimeo.

Let's work together to help them help others to help themselves.

Let's make 37 young the world over.

If you want to donate in honor of my birthday,

(it's very large, because I know you want to donate!)

Thanks for making this a kick awesome birthday!

Photobucket


 Subscribe in a reader or by email so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs