PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't Buy For Me

If you know me, you know that I'm not big on birthdays. Odds are incredibly high that I'm going to forget your birthday (especially if you're not on Facebook or I don't log in that day). We don't usually do a lot to celebrate birthdays at our house. A small gift. Probably a cake. That's about it.

As I inch closer to forty, I'd be fine with skipping the birthday altogether, except that I really do like presents. I'm one of those folks whose primary love language is gifts. Yeah, I know.

Honestly though, I don't need anything. (Well, maybe new hats - I do love wearing hats to cover up my grey roots when I haven't had a chance to color my hair.)

But there are people who need things. Things like food and clean water and education. Stuff that most of us take for granted every day.

I've written here about Nuru International in the past and I promise, I will write about them again in the future. I absolutely adore this organization. I love that they empower people to lift themselves out of extreme poverty by teaching them better farming techniques, helping them dig wells, and giving them better sanitation information. I love that what they do WORKS. I love that the founders live out their faith in such a profound way.




I Am Nuru from Nuru International on Vimeo


So this year, I would absolutely love it if you would consider making a donation to Nuru International for my birthday. Just stop by this link and make a donation. My goal is to hit $370 by my birthday and I know we can make that happen. Nuru is being the light that those in extreme poverty need. Check out their website, follow them on Twitter, and like them on Facebook.

Then, stop browsing hat stores online (because I know you really want to buy me a hat) and go make a donation to Nuru.

Be hope. Be light. Be Nuru.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs