PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Right Regrets

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. ~Arthur Miller

If the world ends tomorrow (or in October, which is when I have a feeling it would more likely end for me, since I don't think Harold Camping would count me in the group that will be a part of tomorrow's rapture), these are the top 5 regrets that I'd like to have:
  • I was a friend to my kids. I know you're not supposed to be friends with your kids. And I don't see myself in strictly that position by any means. But if I'm more friendly than I'm supposed to be, well, that's a regret that I don't regret that much.
  • I invaded other people's space too much. I'm a hugger. I know not everyone is comfortable with that and I do try to be aware of other's preferences, but if I accidentally hug someone who would rather not, I'll feel bad for making them uncomfortable, but not that bad.
  • I watched Arrested Development at least five times in the past year. That show was awesome. Yeah, I could have done something more productive with my life rather than watching the antics of the Bluth family, but I my regrets at the hours and hours I spent watching that show are very small.
  • I had inappropriate amounts of PDA with my hubby. It's gross. I get it. But I love that guy more than anyone else and if my hand on his knee bugs you, deal with it. I don't even know if that counts as a regret, because I don't regret that like, at all.
  • I was too heavy-handed with the message of grace. I sometimes think I should be pushier about encouraging people to believe in Jesus. I think it's good and I love what my faith brings to my life and I hope that there's no doubt that I'm a Christian. But I also think that a measureless love is really and truly beyond any kind of measure, and that being the case, I'm going to trust in love.
I'm sure there are others I could add to this list (eating copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's Boston Cream Pie Ice Cream only narrowly missed this), but those are probably the top non-regret-regrets that I have. If tomorrow is indeed the end of the world, I feel pretty fine.

What about you? What regrets do you have (or should you have) that you would consider to be okay? How are you feeling about the rapture tomorrow?





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs