PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 9, 2011

Need Your Input

So now that Jason is finished with school, I wanted to let you know that we're going to begin work on a proposal for a book about a mixed faith marriage.

When Jason first came out to me, I did what I always do which is to go look for a book. I found a few about interfaith dating, but almost nothing about marriages where people shared a faith and had that change. And nothing about marriages where one person is a theist and the other is a non-theist. Which isn't to say that those books aren't out there, but I've got to tell you, there aren't many.

Since the end of last year when I started writing about our marriage and interfaith relationships in general, I've been overwhelmed by the response of folks both in the theist and non-theist community. I'm amazed at how many people are in similar situations to ours and even a very little bit of research has shown that as religious labels mean less and less to people, interfaith marriage is on the incline.

We've already roughed out some ideas over the past few months, but now that school is behind us (and if four pregnancies were ours, I'm totally claiming the 18 months where Jason was in school full-time as ours as well), we really want to tackle this in earnest. And I would love your input.

What kind of topics would you like to see discussed in a book about mixed faith marriages? Do you have a better term for a marriage between a Christian and atheist than "interfaith" since one does not have faith? Is levity wholly inappropriate for a topic like this? Will you smack me around a little (and then give me hug and offer me a glass of wine) when I get whiny about actually doing this?

Thanks for your encouragement of my writing over the last year. We wouldn't even consider a project like this without the support we've received from you already. You're awesome!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs