PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

It's another Sunday and therefore it's time again for my weekly list of my favorite reads.
  • Local mom and blogger Heather Laurie shares what it's like to be a 30-something mom of five and know that you're dying. This is a challenging, funny, heart-wrenching piece. Put this on your "don't miss" list for the week.
  • Janet Oberholtzer wrote a really interesting essay about looking beyond labels. I thought this was a really interesting perspective.
  • This post by Amber Wackford about her Harry Potter reading group made me smile. I love discovering new things with friends!
  • The single most hilarious story I read this week. If Tina and I were attending a funeral, I feel confident that this would happen to us.
  • This guest post about creativity and Zelda by Wes Molebash is absolutely brilliant. (Pssst. Happy release day for Skyward Sword here in the states! Hooray!)
  • My friend Shawn Smucker is apparently a masochist. Last weekend he did the Tough Mudder, which basically is just twelve miles of torture. Anyway, he wrote about it and the importance of his idiot friends in completing it.
  • Last week I was introduced to Lake Street Dive at Mountain Stage here in Morgantown. So amazing. Go check out their most recent album right away. Also, if your local NPR carries Mountain Stage and give it a listen. A great source for finding new music.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Link it up in the comments!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs