PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Come and Listen



I have loved this song since the first time I heard it. It sets the stage for the rest of the album,  the piano and strings play off of one another perfectly, the use of the vocal effects help tell a story - it's a simple and lovely song.

This song also reminds me that so often we're invited to come and be quiet. God wants us with him, but he wants us to listen.

Most of the time I want to talk. I want to let him know what I want. How I feel. What he needs to be doing. What other people need to be doing or not doing.

For me, the showing up part is not the problem. I come to God regularly. I am significantly less good about the listening part.

But the listening is important. It's where God can remind me of my true value. It's where he can share what he wants for my life. It's where he can correct wrong thinking. It's where he tells me that he loves me.

Listening is where the relationship happens.

++++++++

Where do you best connect with God? How does he speak to you?

++++++++

This is a part of the One Word at a Time Blog Carnival hosted by Peter Pollock. You can read more submissions and add your own here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs