PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 18, 2011

Guest Post at Meet the Buttrams

I met Jessica on Twitter a while ago and absolutely love her blog. She has a wicked sense of humor (as you may remember from her doughnut war post a few weeks back) and she also has a beautiful way of stringing words together that make your heart just burst.

At the beginning of the month, I just happened to be the 1000th comment at her site and my reward was that I got to write a guest post for her! So last night, when she was no doubt wringing her hands at the EXTREME  lateness (but not in a good way, like with Doritos) of my post, I sent her my post about...wait for it...procrastination. And making my daughter a really. ugly. doll.
Sometime in early October my daughter told me that she was doing a book report and that she wanted to dress up as the main character. Part of her costume required a rag doll. And since we had six weeks to get this assignment done, naturally I agreed to help her in the construction of said doll. 
My daughter would give occasional updates, reminding me to buy fabric so we could work on the doll and I would promptly forget them. Then, all of a sudden (except, not really), the report was due in three days and we still had no fabric, no poly-fil, and no doll. 
I made an emergency trip to A.C. Moore to find some supplies. Bought a small bolt of fabric, a gigantic 32 oz. bag of poly-fil (apparently I thought we might need to make 400 dolls), and some new needle and thread so I could pull this thing together. I’ve got to tell you, I was feeling pretty Martha Stewart-esque about the whole thing.
Now, head on over and check out this doll. I mean, check out the post. And the super cute little girl holding the saddest doll ever. While you're there, be sure to subscribe to her blog - it will make you very happy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs