PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

Some of the things that I've read over the week. I hope you find something that sparks some interesting discussions for you!
  • Micha Hohorst wrote a fantastic piece about some of the reactions to Natalie Portman's statement about motherhood being her greatest role. In the midst of Women's History Month, I thought this was just spot on.
  • I got a giggle out of Elizabeth Esther's piece about the 24 hour outfit. Loved this one (though I would add a hat to the ensemble, so I don't have to brush my hair)!
  • Sarah Bessey wrote two beautiful posts regarding hell. One where she goes into her theology a bit on her blog, and one where she asks what's the point if there is no hell?  
  • Rachel Held Evans wrote a delightfully funny open letter to...the open letter. This just cracked me up.
  • Shawn Smucker has been writing about how movies teach him to write better. This week he shares the lessons he learned from The Princess Bride. I hope that he'll use Zoolander soon. 
  • Yesterday Hemant Mehta wrote a post about my piece on Friday. While he and I don't see eye to eye on everything, I really appreciate him taking the time to give me a shout out and I (mostly) enjoyed reading the thoughts of his commenters. I appreciate that he makes me think even when we disagree.
  • Be sure to check out the links to some GOOD Rob Bell posts in my silly Rob Bell/John Piper post, and also, check the posts by the other contributers to the #CelebrateWomen synchoblog (and consider joining us this week as we talk about our views about feminism). 
What did you read/write/watch/listen to this week that moved you? Let me know what else I should be checking out!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs