It was a pretty emotionally taxing weekend. The gay affirming post and the atheist post at Rachel's blog both laid my soul pretty bare and even though the response was overwhelmingly positive (thank you all for your awesomely substantial buns!), that kind of writing can be draining. So I knew that I wanted to write something today that was just fun and totally non-controversial.
- Ice Cream -- Who doesn't love ice cream? It's cold and sweet and delicious. But now there's breast milk ice cream. And that can open up the whole breast vs. bottle debate. Or possibly a discussion about nursing in public. No good.
- Flowers -- Though I'm no gardener, I do love flowers. Getting to play at Phipps Conservatory a month ago was super cool because being surrounded by a tropical garden was quite lovely. Controversy here? I imagine I'd also mention that I love getting cut flowers from my husband and that could turn into a discussion about traditional male and female roles and how it's so cliche to actually like something like that.
- Bubble Baths -- Light up a candle, choose a bath scent, grab a trashy book and chill out. It's bubble bath time. Except that talking about baths will immediately get people thinking about water conservation. And I had no idea, but there is a debate about whether baths or showers use more water with people being fairly adamant about their preferred method being the most environmentally friendly.
- Weather -- Global warming. 'Nuff said.
- Toy Story 3 -- There's nothing not to like about this movie. Friendship, loyalty, coming of age, Michael Keaton as Ken. Really, it's perfect. But even this near-perfect film had three reviewers give it a rotten rating. What hope do we have?
The only thing that I think we can agree on is that we should all feel pity for me because my eye hurts. Apparently on Saturday night I had a dream where it turned evil and I tried to gouge it out because it's all swollen and gross and I look totally pathetic. It's awful.
So, tell me how sorry you feel for me and then tell me what other non-controversial controversies I missed.