- My friend Sarah Askins wrote an achingly beautiful post about the trials (and joys) of being a step-mother. While this isn't something that I have any personal experience with, we've all dealt with negative stereotypes and this addresses that subject in a gorgeous way.
- Kristin H. wrote a fantastic story about her precious, precious daughter. Precious.
- Tamara wrote a stunning poem for the Lenten season. Simple, yet it captures the heart of this time so beautifully.
- Shawn Smucker published a thought-provoking piece about the phrase "love the sinner, hate the sin." Be sure to read the comments as well, lots of good stuff there.
- When she was four days overdue, Sarah Bessey wrote a gorgeous poem about her family. This one had me not just teary, but full on shoulder-shaking sobbing. (Evelynn Joan was born yesterday and is beautiful!)
- And speaking of babies, this post featuring baby cakes over at Cake Wrecks is awesome.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Stuff I've Been Reading
The weekly gathering of posts that I thought were worth a second (and third and fourth) read. Swing on by these sites and let the authors know what you think!