PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 11, 2011

Enough

Quiet Pleasephoto © 2006 Jon-Eric Melsæter | more info (via: Wylio)
I'm not usually at a loss for words. I like the talky-talk and it's rare that I don't feel like I have something important to add to a conversation.

But in the past few weeks, I've had a few opportunities where my best choice was to shut up.

A friend struggling with celibacy after a divorce.

A couple grieving over the anniversary of a lost child.

A woman mourning a family member's fourth miscarriage.

A husband who is struggling to find the strength to finish the semester.

These aren't events that warranted words beyond, "I love you and I'm here for you."

This is so contrary to my nature. I want to talk. I want to help. I want fix things.

But I know that in those times when my heart is aching, all I want is a warm embrace. Someone to listen over the phone (or, even better, over food) to me pour out my hurts and just say, "I love you and I'm here for you."

Those words are more than enough.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs