PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 18, 2011

Friend Compatible

Breadboard Based Arduino Compatible (BBAC) Micro-Controller Packagingphoto © 2009 oomlout | more info (via: Wylio)

Meeting new people is one of my favorite things. There's probably a finite number of friends that I can have, but I'm not sure that I've found that number yet. Truly, I just love getting to know new people and making new friends. Whether it's online or in the real world, it's a good day for me when I make a connection with another person.

A few months ago, I got a friend request from someone on Facebook. We have a mutual friend and had interacted a few times on his page, so we "kind of" knew each other from those moments. When he sent the request, he said that he was C's friend and that he and I seemed "friend compatible." Honestly, how could I not accept a friend request based on that?

Sometimes I think we over-complicate the whole friend process.We think that we can only have a few friends and that somehow adding more friends will diminish the friendships that we already have. Granted, most of us are busy. We have jobs and families and churches and volunteer projects -- lots of things that occupy our time. So I don't mean to imply that finding and making time for friends is easy.

But it's also not impossible. It doesn't require a three hour lunch or a deep conversation. Sometimes just a quick text or phone call to catch up. A quick cup of coffee after the kids are in school. A note on a Facebook page with a link that reminded you of them.

To be sure, those long meals and in-depth discussions are important for really developing a friendship. But don't pass up an opportunity to forge a new friendship. We need relationships. Go find someone who is friend compatible and make it so.

+++++

Have you ever reached out to someone who you thought seemed to be friend compatible? What are some of your favorite ways to keep in touch with your friends?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs