PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stuff I've Been Reading

Thanks for stopping by today for another list of good reads here and the blog. I love sharing the writing of others with you every Sunday. I hope there's something here that you find enjoyable as well!
  • There were a lot of replies to John Piper's piece about the "masculine feel" of Christianity. But I think my favorite was Landon Whitsitt's about being a mama's boy. This one left me undone.
  • I loved this article at Slate about artist Lilly McElroy who literally throws herself at men. Don't miss the horribly awkward video at the end of the article.
  • The lovely and talented Jennifer Luitwieler posted a fantastic piece about container words - words that we use to classify other people. Her husband leaves a great comment as well, so be sure to check that out.
  • Rachel Held Evans's post about the slippery slope was just amazing. She puts into words what I (and many others) have experienced in a truly beautiful way.
  • Kristen Tennant wrote a great post about sex in advertising last week. I missed it in last week's round-up, but it's worth reading.
  • I absolutely loved this take on James 2:17 that Michael Perkins wrote this week. Ouch.
  • With today being the Super Bowl, be sure to watch this video with Tripp and Tyler to get some quick etiquette tips for your super bowl party.
  • I also want to let you know that I've extended the submission date for Not Afraid until March 16. If you were considering contributing but ran out of time, you've got six more weeks to get it done. I'd love to hear your stories about overcoming fear. Check out this site for the project document and details about what I'm looking for and please spread the word in your community as well!
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Drop me a link in the comment section!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs