PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 24, 2012

Guest post at LeighKramer.com


I know that everyone things that they have the best "how we met" story, but the truth is, Jason and I win. I absolutely love our story, so when Leigh Kramer asked me to participate in her This is How We Met blog series, I was all over it. (And by all over it, I mean, turned it in a week late - sorry Leigh!)

Here's a short excerpt from my piece:
For my entire life, I’ve hated the heat. I am absolutely miserable when I’m hot and most people don’t want to be around me. It’s certainly not when you’d want to meet me because I am not at my most charming when I’m sweaty and gross. 
It was a hot Friday afternoon in June of 1992.  I had just graduated from high school and was just days away from celebrating my 18th birthday, officially marking my journey to becoming an adult. 
Part of this move to adulthood was that I was putting off the angst of looking for a boyfriend. I had played that game with little success in high school, and wasn’t interested in continuing it into college. I was perfectly content entering college as a single woman and was looking forward to finding myself.
Head on over to Leigh's site to read the rest and to see a picture of us that was taken within minutes of us meeting for the first time.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs