PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Guest Post at SeePrestonBlog.com

Every now and again as a writer, you have the opportunity to be a part of something that is just beautiful and today is one of those days for me.


Preston Yancey has organized an amazing thing at his blog. Fifty-four writers spending a month talking about the Church. But not griping - we're writing about what we like about the Church. It can be easy to write about the parts of the Church that annoy me, but it is a joy to write about the things that I like about the Church, especially my home congregation. Here's a bit from my piece:
As a self-identifying emergent-type Christian, one would likely expect that I attend a small, hippie church somewhere. Maybe an Episcopal congregation, or even a house church. On Sunday mornings, I probably wear jeans and big wool scarf and a stocking hat that I knitted while I was sitting around, talking about Rob Bell’s newest book, drinking something dark out of my French Press. 
But that’s not my church. My church isn’t small or quiet or understated. My church is big and loud and fairly over-the-top. Because I go to a megachurch.
I'd love it if you'd head over to Preston's to read the rest of my piece. And please, be sure to check out the other posts in the series. There is a lot of goodness going on over there. You can follow along on Twitter with the hashtag #ATLT.

Thanks for sitting at the Lord's Table with me today.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs