PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stuff I've Been Reading

Once again, the weekend has rolled around and you get to enjoy another round-up of posts that I found interesting. At least, I hope you enjoy them because dang it, this is a lot of work! (Not really.)
  • Kathy Escobar made me cry this week with her piece about why we suck at being friends
  • One of my favorite musicians, Jonathan Coulton, weighed in on the issue of internet piracy. I think he kind of nails it. (Oh, and you should absolutely buy his newest album. The Stache is all-time, yo.)
  • Please go to Preston Yancey's blog and subscribe. He is running a series right now called At the Lord's Table where people are sharing their positive experiences with the Church. It's easy to get discouraged by some of the really awful stuff that we see, and these stories give me so much hope.
  • I have been missing out big time on Glennon Melton at Momastery. I found this letter that she wrote to her son this week and immediately subscribed. So incredible.
  • Ben Emerson reminds us (read: me) that Old Testament God and New Testament God are the same  with his post about Numbers 27
  • The Gregory Brothers are back with a new Songify the News. And there was much happiness from this corner of the internet.
  • I've spent a lot of this week listening to Peter Gabriel's New Blood. It's an orchestral arrangement of some of his earlier works. The new In Your Eyes is beautiful, but I'm kind of in love with the arrangement of Red Rain. It's just $5 right now and totally worth it.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Link up your favorites in the comments!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs