PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Stuff I've Been Reading

It's Sunday! Grab a cup of coffee and settle in to read some of my favorite posts of the week. Lots of good stuff out there - I hope you enjoy what I've got for you here.
  • Sarah Bessey wrote a simply beautiful piece about what her marriage looks like. This is one to just soak in for a bit.
  • Caleb Wilde wrote the most popular article at Relevant Magazine this year. His post about being the most famous funeral director in his hometown is absolutely hilarious. Congrats on the hits, Caleb, and here's to that diamond encrusted apron!
  • Knox McCoy has begun his Bachelor recaps. This is crazy long, but the fate of Crazy Eyes will keep you glued to your seat the whole time. I don't watch the show, but his posts almost make me want to.
  • I loved this post by my friend Joy Bennett over at A Deeper Story. Fantastic story about speaking up, even when it might be uncomfortable.
  • Michael D. Perkins, who authors one of the most creative blogs out there, has written a creative manifesto (which is better than calling it an ebook). You can get a free copy by receiving his posts by email. Check out the deets here. It's absolutely beautiful, and getting his posts in your inbox is a good thing.
  • This video about questions from Matthew Paul Turner is absolutely phenomenal. Definitely worth the six minutes.
  • I finished reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King this week. Dag, I just love his writing so much. This one was really fantastic. Interesting look at time travel and how our actions affect other people. Was a great read to start off the new year.
  • In personal news, I was excited to find that my piece, Why I Oppose Gay Marriage was one of the most read pieces of 2011 over at Provoketive and is still going strong.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to that moved you? Come link up in the comments!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs