- Sarah Bessey over at Emerging Mummy had a pretty kick-awesome week over at her blog (not that she doesn't most of the time, but it was really extra exceptional this week). She wrote a powerful letter to women's ministry and then a great follow-up piece. And then Ed Cyzewski wrote a phenomenal guest post about men's ministry. Really, read Sarah's blog all the time, but don't miss these posts.
- Kristin Tennant wrote a wonderful piece about four spiritual lessons she learned from Steve Jobs.
- Bryan Allain wrote a pretty great piece knocking down some spam he received. Super fun.
- David Nilsen wrote a wonderful essay about when he and his wife Lyndie took in a birthmother and found that friendship changed their perspective.
- While most of us know who Steve Jobs is, there were two other men of note who passed away on Wednesday. I loved this tribute to all three from Emily L. Hauser over at Angry Black Lady Chronicles.
- Last Sunday night I went to see Mountain Stage at WVU. Lots of great music including Ben Sollee, but the band that I loved was Vandaveer. If you're a fan of The Civil Wars, I highly recommend checking out their latest album. Lots of good stuff!
- If you haven't looked recently, be sure to check out the amazing posts that linked up for the Not Alone virtual book tour. Truly, some beautiful stuff there. Thanks again to all who took the time to add their voice to the project. If you weren't able to join us last week, I'll be leaving the linky open, so feel free to add your reviews to it.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Stuff I've Been Reading
Hi friends! Nice to see you here for another round-up of things around the internet. I hope you find something interesting here.