It's easy for me to be negative. It's easy for me to get up on a soap-box. It's easy for me to embrace cynicism.
On Tuesday, my friend Larry Hehn posted a piece about celebrating things we like instead of simply ranting about things that we don't. I thought about waiting until next month to do this because it might be redundant to have to thanksgiving posts, but you know? I think it'll be okay if I'm thankful for things more than once a year. So here we go.
I'm grateful for:
- that moment in the mornings when I'm alone in the house and the only sounds are a cat purring on my lap and the coffee brewing in the kitchen.
- the smell of clean laundry.
- that perfect spot in my husband's arms where I feel totally comfortable and protected and cherished.
- the feeling of accomplishment after absolutely nailing a song.
- Skype Bible study with my mom and sisters.
- the times I get to watch my oldest daughter march with a perfect roll step.
- silly Twitter memes that make me laugh for a solid minute.
- the sound of my sons' combined laughter.
- a perfectly cooked, deliciously seasoned medium-rare steak.
- a chord in a piece of music that makes me catch my breath.
- friends who think that the grocery store is a perfectly sane place to hang out and laugh.
- feeling the air in my lungs when I'm cooling down after a run.
- my youngest daughter's stories about the adventures that she and her stuffed animals are having.
- conversations that weren't planned and interfere with what a I have to do and are completely worth it.
What are you grateful for today?