PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

Sorry for all of the late Stuff I've Been Reading posts. Lots of gigs lately and getting in a 4am means that I am sleeping in later than I normally do. Anyway! Here are some of my favorites from the week.

  • This post from my friend David Nilsen reminded me of hanging out with my friends after the concert band would play out during the school day. Going back to class felt very optional those days.
  • Matthew Paul Turner reminded me again of just how real the Virtual Village is, especially to some folks. I don't know gitzengirl, but his tributes to her this week made me cry. Friendship is precious, even if it is primarily through the interwebs.
  • In the same vein, Rob Shepherd gathered some of my favorite bloggers to talk about building community on your blog. Some great thoughts from some amazing writers.
  • There were a few good posts about the new True Tolerance video from Focus on the Family, but I really enjoyed Mason Slater's take on it.
  • My friend Sarah lives in North Carolina where they are talking about a constitutional amendment banning marriage equality for gays and lesbians. She pretty much nails why that's a bad idea in this post.
  • Janet Oberholtzer's book releases this week. You should head over to her site and order it right away. I'll be reviewing it here once I've received my copy, but based on her blog and the glowing endorsements that she's received, I am certain that it will be worth it! Plus, if you order now, you can save a few bucks!
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Take a second and let me know!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs