PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Robots and Nerds

Tonight my bestie and I are heading up to Pittsburgh to see They Might Be Giants and Jonathan Coulton perform. I've seen the Johns a few times before, but it's my first time seeing JoCo and I must admit, I'm pretty stoked. These dudes sing about all kinds of nerd lore and I am deeply smitten by them all.

I know, I'm supposed to hide my love of all things nerdy, but I just can't help it. These are my favorite kinds of bands. The more likely they are to sing about math, or evolution, or video games, or Belgium painters, the more likely it is that I'm going to crush on the performer.

Anyway, in addition to all of the links above, I'm going to share a couple of robot vids from these guys here. First, from TMBG:



And from Jonathan Coulton (he has a lot more robot songs to choose from, but I have to go with this one because it reminds me of my sons. Also, let this be a warning - reject the nerds at your own peril.)




+++++++++++

What's your favorite TMBG or JoCo song? Have you seen them in concert and if so, what's your favorite memory? Do you think you could help convince The Johns to play Turn Around at tonight's concert so I can tease my 13 year old daughter who says that is her most favorite song ever?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs