PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Nuru!


If you've been reading my blog for any time at all, you know that my all-time favorite humanitarian group is Nuru International. I love the work that they do and I love the way that they do it.

Tomorrow, this amazing organization turns 3 years old. In 3 short years, they have touched over 10,000 lives, helping people escape extreme poverty. By providing loans, teaching basic sanitation, helping to dig wells, teaching better farming techniques, they are providing people with a way to lift themselves out of poverty and lack.

To celebrate this occasion, the media team for Nuru produced the following video. Take a watch:



Really and truly, I just love these guys and watching that makes me all weepy and happy. I love hearing directly from the folks whose lives have been changed by what Nuru does. By what Nuru allows them to do.

I want more people to see it. That's where you come in.

Please post this video to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or your blog by midnight tomorrow night (9/25) and I will donate $1 per share, up to $50.

If you share on Twitter, please use the following tweet (this makes it easier for me to track):
I'm joining @AliseWrite to wish @IAMNURU happy birthday! Watch this video to find out more: http://bit.ly/ocmD9H Please RT!
If you share on Facebook, please tag Alise Write in your share (you probably have to like my Facebook page to do that). If you don't want to tag me, please leave a link in the comments to your share. To do that, just click on the time stamp next to the "Like * Comment * Share" bit underneath the item.

If you share on Google Plus, please tag Alise Wright. I should get an email notification for those. And if you don't want to tag me, just go ahead and leave a comment here with the link (again, just click on the time stamp to get the direct link).

And if you blog about this, please leave a comment with a link to your post. I definitely want to give it a read!

Also, be sure to give a like to Nuru's Facebook page and follow them on Twitter and wish them a happy birthday directly.

Thanks for sharing this video with your friends and helping get the word out about Nuru. I know that we can get to 50 shares by tomorrow night!

Be Hope. Be Light. Be Nuru.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs