PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

Hello, my friends! I hope you've had a great week. Here are some of the best things that I've read this week. I hope you find something of interest here as well.
  • Preston Yancey wrote a beautiful poem this week as a response to the "I'd rather have a Proverbs 31 woman than a Victoria's Secret model" meme that went viral this week. I was happy to see this piece go a bit viral as well.
  • My friend Bekka Favelle guest posted at A Deeper Story about asking. One of the most poignant essays that I read this week.
  • World Vision is hosting the Twelve Blogs of Christmas to help get the word out about their gift catalog. I absolutely loved Ed Cyzewski's contribution about gift giving.
  • This post by Kathy made me cry a wee bit, because I have a deeply non-themed Christmas tree that I absolutely love precisely because I love what the ornaments represent to me
  • I love that I'm a part of a blogging community that isn't afraid to address difficult questions head on. So I really appreciate that Knox McCoy took on one of the great questions of a generation: Who was the better uncle on Full House?
  • Wes Molebash now has a website for his new graphic novel. Wes is all kinds of amazing and some day I'm totally scraping together the cash to have him draw me rocking a keytar (I figure that's the first step to actually owning and rocking a keytar). Seriously though, check it out. It's very cool.
  • On Monday I asked you to help me raise $100 for Nuru (and CASTW) by the end of the year. You raised $170 THAT DAY. I am grateful times a million. If you'd still like to make a donation, this wish will be open until the end of the year. I'd love it if you'd consider a donation to them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Leave a link in the comments!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs