PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Favorite

I don't use the word favorite the way that it's supposed to be used. It's supposed to mean "preferred before all others of the same kind." But I tend to be a lot more generous in my use.

My favorite book is John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. Unless it's E. B. White's Charlotte's Web. Or maybe The Stand by Stephen King.

I probably have 20 favorite movies. Not favorite movies for a particular mood or favorites in different genres. No, even within those, I still have more than one favorite.

Same with foods, television shows, holidays, bands. If you ask me for my favorite song off of a CD, I'll give you three. If you ask me for my favorite time of day, I'll give you a choice. If you ask me my favorite hair coloring product, I'll list the last half a dozen colors that I've used. I'll make favorite things lists that rival Maria von Trapp's any day.

I'm not very good at the favorite game.

But there is one constant favorite. A favorite that has been the same for more than half my life. A favorite who, despite his advancing age, has been my best friend, my biggest supporter, my hardest laugh provider, and most amazing husband ever.

Today is Jason's birthday, and I want him to know, that of all of my favorites out there, he is my most favorite favorite.



+++++++++++

Tell me about some of your favorites. Favorite people, foods, art, whatever. Just favorites.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs