PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuff I've Been Reading

My weekly round-up of good stuff I've read on the world-wide intertubez. Shared here so you can partake of all of the bloggy goodness!
  • I was deeply moved by Nance Marie's submission to the blog carnival on Tuesday. Simple and beautiful.
  • Even though I just posted a Serious Wednesday from Jon Acuff, you absolutely MUST read his piece from this week. If you've ever been told that you're arrogant for using your gifts, this is for you.
  • And in that same vein, please check out Tony Alicea's fantastic post where he discusses dreams as idols. Both of these gentlemen really added another layer of healing to some old wounds of mine. 
  • Shane Claiborne wrote a wonderful piece over at the Huffington Post about some of the spending cuts that are being made. Be sure to watch the video by Ben Cohen (of Ben & Jerry's).
  • My friend Kristin wrote a piece that helped me feel a little bit less crazy about writing about my interfaith marriage. I really appreciated this piece.
  • Shawn Smucker is looking for some gay friends. But not in a "some of my best friends are gay" kind of way. A really thought-provoking post about why we tend to be friends with people just like us. 
  • Jamie Wright guest posted for Tripp Crosby this week. And seriously? Her post was phenomenal. Make sure you take a minute to read about Speedo Guy.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Show me your best stuff - I'm always on the prowl for a new blog to read!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs