PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What To Do With Madness

'Angry Eyes!' photo (c) 2008, Alan Bruce - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/I read a sexist comment from a prominent pastor and I get mad.

I hear blatant lies from a Christian organization and I get mad.

I see fear being used to score political points and I get mad.

I discover another layer of depravity among my fellow humans and I get mad.

Every day, there are things that happen that contribute to my madness. Sometimes I feel like the only viable response to all of the hatred and falsehoods and injustice is anger. Shake my fist at the sky and scream obscenities. More often than I'd like to admit, that is my lone response.

Madness doesn't have to be my only option. It may be the first stop, but it by no means has to be the destination.

Instead, I can take that anger and allow it to fuel something better, something less mad. I can use that emotion to find my way to action.

I can remind my daughters that they are lovely young women who have much to offer to those they meet.

I can share truth where lies have prevailed.

I can spread peace where there was previously dissent.

I can seek out the layers of kindness and compassion that humans have for one another.

I can do these things and replace my madness with happiness.

Christ encourages you, and his love comforts you.
God's Spirit unites you, and you are concerned for others.
Now make me completely happy!
Live in harmony by showing love for each other.
Philippians 2:1-2a (CEV)

++++++++++++

What kinds of things make you mad? How can you turn that anger into something productive?

+++++++++++++++

This is a part of the One Word at a Time Blog Carnival hosted by Peter Pollock. You can read more submissions and add your own here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Eight Days Designs